Establish a ScholarshipScholarships may be established with a gift of $25,000.
Thank you for considering a scholarship gift to Massachusetts College of Art and Design. We appreciate that donors may want to establish a scholarship in honor or in memory of a student, alumna/us, or member of the faculty or staff. Below are some guidelines to assist you:
- Endowed scholarships may be established with a minimum gift of $25,000. (Cash and cash equivalent gifts below the minimum, which are designated for scholarships, will be placed in the general scholarship endowment, unless a pre-existing scholarship is designated.) MassArt staff will work with donors to establish appropriate criteria for such scholarships.
- Donors may accumulate gifts toward minimum funding of an endowed scholarship with a significant initial gift and a signed scholarship agreement. Accumulations toward the minimum must be completed within five years from the date of agreement. If this minimum is not reached, development staff will contact the donor and come to an appropriate resolution. In general, gift amounts will be placed in the Foundation's general fund for endowed scholarships.
- Scholarship payments to student recipients will not be made until the minimum for the endowment has been received, the scholarship agreement is signed and approved, and sufficient income has been generated for distribution. Donors accumulating gifts toward minimums may provide for an annual stipend in the agreement when that stipend is supported by an annual gift.
- Scholarships may be established with estate or planned gifts. Such gifts also require the minimum of $25,000.
- Scholarship funds received by the MassArt Foundation through a will or other planned gift, which are less than the required minimum funding at the time of distribution, will be placed in the foundation's general endowed scholarship fund. If this proves legally impossible, the foundation reserves the right to decline the gift.
- Scholarship agreements shall be signed by the donor and by a member of the executive committee of the MassArt Foundation.
View a list of our named scholarship funds.
INQUIRE ABOUT ESTABLISHING A SCHOLARSHIP
Director of Major Gifts
Emily Foster Day
Executive Director of Alumni Relations