MassArt Philanthropy Program (MAPP): Students Helping Students

JOIN THE MAPP COMMITTEE!

Are you a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior interested in becoming more involved at MassArt through a leadership opportunity? Please contact Hillary Babick, Annual Giving Manager at hbabick@massart.edu to join the MAPP Committee.

THE MAPP MISSION:

The purpose of MAPP is to educate, engage and excite current MassArt students about the importance and impact of supporting MassArt after graduation and to prepare students to be active and engaged participants in the alumni community. 

Educate: To educate the MassArt student body, beginning freshman year, about the importance and impact of private support to the college.

Engage: To engage students in a meaningful way by building a culture of philanthropy and empowering them to serve as ambassadors and advocates for the college.

Excite: To excite students about joining the alumni community so that they continue to strengthen their life long connection with MassArt .

WHY IS STUDENT PHILANTHROPY IMPORTANT?

While we are very proud of our status as the only publicly funded college of art and design in the country, only 60% of a MassArt Education is covered by state appropriation and student charges. That means the other 40% has to be covered by donations from generous alumni, parents and friends of the college. When you as a student demonstrate you care about accessible art education, the broader MassArt and Boston community will take note.

WHAT DOES THE STUDENT MAPP COMMITTEE DO?

  • Plan an awesome senior event (This year's event is at the Gardner Museum on April 17th during Third Thursday)
  • Plan other awesome events
  • Put together an action plan to educate the student body about philanthropy
  • Coordinate fund raising efforts for MAPP via social media and on campus fundraising

HOW ARE FUNDS RAISED THROUGH MAPP USED?

Students may designate their gift to a department or the MassArt Annual Fund. At the end of the year all student donors will be recognized through an ice cream party planned by the MAPP Committee. Donations to departments will be used at the department's discretion and all gifts to the MassArt Annual Fund will support student scholarship aid.

Are you a community group or individual interested in MAPP? If so, please email hbabick@massart.edu or call 617-879-7771 for more information.

MAKE A GIFT TODAY

Give online

Give by phone:
(617) 879-7045

Give by mail:
MassArt Foundation
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115 USA