In 2005, the MassArt Foundation directors set a priority to support faculty development. These awards are known as the Massachusetts College of Art and Design Foundation Faculty Fellowships.
Since 2006, there are several unnamed fellowships, and five named faculty fellowships awarded annually:
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design Foundation Faculty Fellowships
- Charlotte Faculty Fellowship
- Bruce Dayton Faculty Fellowship
- William Hicks Faculty Fellowship
- Kelner Faculty Fellowship
- Marilyn Pappas Faculty Fellowship
Awards of $5,000 or $10,000 are given annually in support of the development of new work and research by faculty at Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston.
The application process is administered by the Office of Academic Affairs. A call for applications is made in late fall, and the application deadline is in January. The selections are made by a peer review board comprised of the prior year's recipients, the winners are announced in February, and the fellows are recognized at the foundation's annual board meeting in May.