Faculty and Staff of Color Group
The mission of this group is to foster an inclusive college community by identifying and generating initiatives that support the college's overall diversity plan. The main goals are:
- to support, and build unity among, current faculty and staff of color through the creation of professional development programs and networking opportunities;
- to educate the MassArt community as to the importance of diversity as an essential component to the quality and success in academia, and;
- to help foster a safe and supporting environment for staff and faculty of color.
Multicultural Governance Committee
The Multicultural Governance Committee is responsible for identifying, coordinating, and responding to opportunities for educating members of the College community about issues of importance from a multicultural perspective, and for creating a climate of inclusion for discussion of these ideas and information.
Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Coordinating Committee
The ADA Coordinating Committee assists the Director of Civil Rights Compliance and Diversity in facilitating reasonable accommodations for members of the community and advises the director on policies for disabled individuals.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Advisory Committee is:
- to serve as an advisory group to the president;
- to make recommendations to the president, as well as to respective campus and governance committees, concerning effective implementation of the colleges' Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Plan;
- to evaluate institutional compliance with respect to all affirmative action/equal opportunity/diversity programs and recommend appropriate strategies to the president, and;
- to keep informed as to federal and state laws and regulations, as well as institutional policies, impacting affirmative action/equal opportunity/diversity.
Adderley Series Lecture Selection Committee
The Adderley Series was established in 1995 in memory of Tyrone Maurice Adderley. This esteemed lecture series features artists, historians, and writers of color. Past Adderley lecturers have included Xenobia Bailey, Chakaia Booker, Renne Cox, Melvin Edwards, Arthur Jafa, Lorraine O'Grady, Sharon Patton, John Scott and Fred Wilson. Each year, the selection committee chooses a speaker to come and present a lecture to the MassArt community.